Traditional Succession Planning - Built on vertical career ladders
Succession planning and management is an essential component of the broader human resources planning process. It involves an integrated, systematic approach for identifying, developing, and retaining capable and skilled employees in line with current and projected business objectives.
Practical Succession Planning – Built on a progressive and practical lattice framework
Organizations competing in highly uncertain, rapidly changing business environments must develop a range of dynamic capabilities in order to maintain growth and sustainable competitive advantage.
Business environments characterized by VUCA—volatile, uncertain, chaotic, and ambiguous—place enormous pressure on an organization’s succession management capabilities, specifically the ability to effectively identify, develop, and deploy executive talent who are capable of implementing new business strategies, sensing and seizing
new opportunities, and transforming the organization to meet emerging challenges.
These interactive workshops will teach you how to implement traditional and practical succession planning strategies and decide which is the best process for your organization. Topics include:
• How to shift from traditional to practical in today’s environment
• Analyze your strategic plan and organizational life cycle to identify the skills and expertise you require in the future
• Leadership development practices critical for driving performance outcomes in VUCA environments
• Using data to identify high -potentials and create development programs
• Fostering a culture of succession planning
• How to identify future leaders