The training of tomorrow’s health care leaders is undergoing a fundamental transformation that holds enormous potential and implications for healthcare facilities and systems. From competency-based learning techniques, to interdisciplinary experiential learning, to engaging emotional intelligence, today’s health professions student - tomorrow’s talent - comes to you with an array of skills and perspectives wildly different than ten years ago. Along with that platform however, are new needs and preferences. Partake in this session to survey the educational landscape training your future leaders, while assessing whether your organization’s onboarding, culture and values mesh with tomorrow’s talent.
After participating in this session, you will:
- Gain perspective on the talents, training and traits of new graduates in the health care professions.
- Have exposure to the growing interdisciplinary healthcare trend known as inter-professionalism; the emergence of competency-based education; and inclusion of emotional intelligence in curricula.
- Be able to engage other administrative and clinical stakeholders in regard to recruiting, onboarding, retention and healthcare training needs, opportunities and deliverables.
- Gain an appreciation of higher education’s challenges, initiatives, resolve and solutions in educating tomorrow’s healthcare leaders while generating HR driven adoptions, methods, tools and assessments that align with them.
- Have perspective on partnering with higher education; reexamining those relationships; and refining their onboarding/training programs to better tailor those initiatives with future talent.