Beyond Boolean: Research & Analysis for Sourcers
Sourcing goes beyond Boolean strings, and often requires common-sense tactics for researching additional information about candidates and competitors. The landscape is always changing, so how can you stay on top of what is “hot” and what might work for you, without getting “shiny object syndrome”. In this session, Pete Radloff will share ways to do research and analysis that will aid you in your sourcing endeavors beyond strings and keywords.
• How to identify companies that have tech stacks to the ones you are looking to hire for.
• Understanding how to find out what job titles other organizations use, that may be similar or different from your organization.
• Where you can find technical screening questions to dig deeper on your phone interviews with candidates, so you can eliminate the “keyword cowboys”.
• How to leverage your recruiting community to expand your sourcing knowledge. We’ll look at where recruiters share their knowledge and what sites you should be reading to stay up to date on the latest tips and tactics.
Learn more about Pete:
- Article: Advice for Today: Trust Yourself
- Article: Between The Lines: What Facebook Jobs Really Means for Real Recruiters.
- Article: Why It’s Finally Time To Combine Sourcing and Recruiting For Good.