Orchestrating Today’s Talent Lifecycle of Performance and Potential
Kevin Wilde, Chief Learning Officer (Retired), General Mills and Executive Leadership Fellow, Carlson School of Management University of Minnesota
This workshop will take a highly interactive, hands-on approach to considering new approaches to accelerating talent performance contributions for today and tomorrow. Through the use of a case-based simulation of three employees, we will try out different strategies and approaches to maximize current performance in their current roles and build stronger capabilities for future positions.
Participants in the workshop will gain new insights on contemporary performance and potential challenges today, including:
• How to navigate on-boarding and early move performance and growth risks?
• Why get clear on the differences among performance, potential and readiness when inspiring and developing talent?
• How to recognize and act early when the signals of culture clash and performance derailment appear?
• How to enable realistic discussions in performance and talent deliberations which lead to stronger talent pipelines?
• What to do about retaining and motivating great employees who are passed over for a promotion?
• What are talent management trends and challenges to explore further during this summit?