Navigating Change and Volatility Successfully Through People
The future of the Energy Industry has long been anything but a certainty. Worryingly, organizations of all types and sizes still seem unprepared for change and volatility. This has invariably led to short-sighted people policies, resulting in formidable mid-to-long term workforce challenges. If players in the industry are to have a prosperous future even in the most adverse market scenarios, they must first review the past and learn from mistakes. They must have the foresight to plan for any and all possibilities. They must develop holistic, sustainable talent strategies to weather the tough times and take full advantage of the booms. As Stephanie Rogers of Accenture puts it, “Oil and gas companies will differentiate themselves by spending time on both the effectiveness and efficiency of HOW they manage talent” – It must all begin with their most important assets: people.
After a tumultuous few years where HR departments were forced to slash training and development, pause recruitment and promote mass layoffs, the energy industry will face serious challenges to fulfill organizational needs. As cautious optimism grows, companies will have to innovate in their operations, technology and management, all of which depend on talent. At the forefront of human capital strategy will be recovering industry image, replacing veterans, transferring skills and knowledge and developing the next generation of leaders.
Key discussion themes will include:
- Harnessing the power of Data Analytics.
- Seamless transfer of veteran knowledge to successors.
- Finding and recruiting top talent.
- Closely aligning human resources with the business plan.
- Creating change-able, adaptable and nimble workforce structures.
- Attracting and engaging young professionals.
- Developing future-proof organizational strategy and culture.
- Developing future leadership and preparing succession plans.
- Incorporating alternative workforce structures including organizational collaboration and contingent
- The impact of artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Indentifying, assessing and developing High Potentials.
- Motivating and engaging employees.
- Fostering employee growth through modern learning and development initiatives.
Network with Speaker Faculty and Event Participants including:
C-Suite Executives, Vice Presidents, Directors, Managers and Team Leaders with responsibilities in:
- Human Resources
- Talent Management
- Talent Acquisition & Recruitment
- Engagement & Retention
- Leadership Development