9:00-10:15 Workshop | 10:15-10:45 Break | 10:45-12:00 Workshop Lunch
Talent analytics is here to stay! For your HR Department to be strategic, consultative, and equipped for the future, your team must be equipped with knowledge of human capital analytics and the resources and infrastructure to build it. Data analysis and business acumen are and will be critical to communicate and bolster support for your HR initiatives. To be effective, your team must be oriented in statistics and well trained in delivering and recommending business insights.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
• Read and understand financial statements.
• Conduct a cost-benefit analysis linking HR actions to financial impact.
• Understand the places HR can impact the financials and tie back to the bigger strategy.
• Provide an overview of statistical concepts to understand them, use them to advise the business, and recommend additional studies.
• The basics of summary statistics, experimentation, correlation, regression analysis, probability, simulations, and text and sentiment analysis.
• Read, understand and prescribe various visualizations.
Every participant of this interactive workshop will receive a set of sample data to demonstrate some of these analytic capabilities and techniques. Visualizations and exercises will be done using TIBCO Spotfire but each participant will also receive those same visualizations in an interactive Excel workbook.
** Participants should bring a copy of their company’s financials to work with so they can use their own data for analysis and gain insights. As well as a laptop with spreadsheet software (such as excel) installed.