Talent Development in a High Change Environment - Creating Leaders for the Future
Jack Skalican, Director Learning & Organization Development, Dignity Health
Organizations are dealing with rapid, unpredictable changes, and old leadership models no longer apply. Changes in employee expectations, accelerated technology changes, and shifting government policies demand something beyond traditional skills development for leaders. Layered over this is a growing demographic of current leaders who are reaching retirement eligibility.
This presentation will focus on a multi-layered approach to talent development within a large healthcare organization, showing elements of leadership development, talent development, coaching and mentoring, and cultivating future leaders from current bedside nurses.
• Learn new aspects of effective leadership
• Learn a leadership development approach not solely focused on skills development
• Learn key elements of successfully launching organization-wide standardized
approaches for talent development
• Learn how to create early successes
• Identify ways to build and sustain executive support