We are disappointed when our employees fail to learn or don’t transfer learning back to their workplace. We often fail because we don’t understand the mind of the learner and we build training modules that are not consistent with the brain’s natural means of acquisition. Teaching should be more effective, and it can be more effective once we understand how the learner’s mind operates.
In this energetic workshop, Dr. Art Kohn, an internationally renown neuropsychologist, explores 10 core principles that will help you understand how the brain controls learning and memory. His dramatic demonstrations will give you an exciting new understanding of the mind. And his 20 years of experience in on-line education will help you create eLearning that will effectively engage the brain and maximize learning and recall. -- Come prepared to have fun... and learn.
In this program, you will learn to
- Design mobile learning solutions that are compatible with people’s spatial learning and short-term memory capabilities.
- Create social learning communities that are based on psychological principles of observational learning.
- Use modern authoring tools more effectively by understanding how the brain uses metaphor and emotion in the encoding process.
- Develop incentive systems that reinforce desired behaviors and that are based on established principles of conditioning.
- Help your learners become better decision makers by understanding how the brain uses heuristics.
- Improve employees attention span by understanding the secrets to people’s levels of consciousness
- Design effective “follow-up training” by tapping into mnemonic principles of memory
- Improve employees long-term retention by understanding the connectionist model of memory
- Deliver either visual messages or auditory messages based on an understanding of the brain’s dual-coding mechanisms.