Microlearning in MicroTime - Creating Impactful Just-In-Time Training
Shannon Tipton, Chief Learning Rebel, Learning Rebels
Our role in today's learning age is to reach the modern learner and supply them with the knowledge and information needed to get the job done – when they need it. The challenge, however, is how to start and make changes to accelerate learning in micro ways and stop just pushing content production.
Enter microlearning. Too often learning solutions are solely focused on the classroom or long, bloated learning modules when an immediate solution is required. The time is ripe to be in the position to help, and take away barriers! Rapid business change, the popularity of mobile devices, availability of apps and advances or shifts in technology are creating favorable environments for microlearning.
Using the Learning Rebels 3D model for microlearning, this workshop will give you the critical information and tools you need to rapidly build effective and sustainable microlearning content.
Important Questions Answered
1. What is micro-learning?
2. How can microlearning be applied in your organization?
3. When would a microlearning element be deemed appropriate?
4. How to support your macro content with microlearning elements.
Important Learning Takeaways:
· The ability to apply a microlearning strategy within your organization. Specifically applying 3D model of microlearning: "Discover, Develop, and Deliver”.
· Determine which micro-modality is best for the worker need.
· You will rapidly prototype a basic project concept, setting the foundation to build your own microlearning element from inception to implementation.
· You will leave with tools, checklists, and templates to be able to create microlearning content and objects related to video, audio, and other virtual media.