Leadership development is a crucial component to an organization’s success, and at a certain point leaders move beyond needing technical training and into an area where intangibles like “Executive Presence” become their focus. When designed with that kind of development in mind, internal coaching programs can address crucial gaps in succession plans, aid in retention for high-performers and create a dynamic and engaged cohort of current and future leaders. In this session, you’ll learn how the #1 credit union in California (#3 in the US*) successfully developed and expanded their internal coaching program with off-the chart positive reviews from participants and their supervisors.
- Establishing the business case for leadership coaching
- Understand how coaching is different than managing, consulting, mentoring or therapy (counseling)
- Understand how to establish common philosophy, paradigm and language
- Learn the importance of establishing the “rules of engagement” for all parties before the coaching relationships even begin
- Keep progress and forward action at the forefront of the program