Aligning People Strategies with Business Strategy
According to the Deloitte Human Capital Trends 2016 Report: Four powerful forces are driving unstoppable change that’s impacting how HR is led and the programs it designs. These forces—demographic upheavals, the rise of digital technology, rapid innovation in business models, and socially driven evolution of the relationship between employers and employees—are creating talent challenges and solutions radically different from any faced by previous generations of leaders.
Meanwhile, a recent Information and Communications Technology Council report found that the estimated 182,000 workers needed in the digital market by 2019 cannot be met by current levels of graduates and workers with the relevant skillset. At the same time, the 2016 Deloitte Millennial Survey discovered that 61% of Canadian millennials (individuals born after 1982) plan to leave their organization in the next five years – leaving a sizable skills and leadership gap in the workforce.
Understandably, in reaction to these forces that are beyond business’ control, leaders feel they need to focus on four areas to combat these challenges.
1) Organization design; to equip businesses to work as a network or teams as opposed to a hierarchal
model in order to keep pace with the challenges of a fluid, unpredictable world.
2) Leadership readiness; to ensure that those poised to take the helm are fully capable.
3) Culture; to shape it and using it as a competitive advantage and to drive strategy.
4) Engagement and retention; a continual process that must understand and tap into employee’s desire for flexibility and purpose.
This event will showcase case-studies from organizations that have developed strategies within these four areas to combat the biggest challenges organizations are facing including:
- How to start strategic organizational redesign
- High potential identification and development
- Succession planning
- Next generation leadership development
- People analytics to understand and improve people strategies
- Improving the employee experience
- Technologies to help with HR, managing the workforce, and increasing productivity
- Performance management strategies for the new workforce
- Engagement and retention for the next generation of employees
- Creating a high-performance culture
- Candidate experience and recruiting
- Employer branding