Contemporary workplaces have evolved over time with the goal of fostering innovation, teamwork, collaboration and inclusion. Though organizations need these efforts in order to be competitive and productive, this new trend often unintentionally excludes many of the workplace preferences of introverts which often lead to isolation, disengagement, micro-aggression and even turnover. This session will focus on how leaders and peers need to be aware of the many differences and preferences between introverts and extroverts in order to create truly inclusive environments.
- Understand modern workspaces and how they are designed for extroverts
- Be able to Identify characteristics of introverts and extroverts
- Assess your communication style for flexibility
- Introverts: Learn the "light switch" technique in order to thrive in extroverted environments
- Extroverts: Learn how to "flex" and build bridges for inclusion